By Ari Rosner
Lloyd and Hollywood Farmers Markets community volunteer
Have you been to the Lloyd Farmers Market lately? If you didn’t get a chance to make it during the summer, never fear – the Farmers Market will continue on, every Tuesday, through the winter. We have the unique benefit of being entirely under the cover of a huge beautiful gazebo, so we stay cozy and dry no matter what the weather. The Lloyd Farmers Market is located in the Oregon Square Courtyard on Northeast Holladay Street, between 7th and 9th avenues, right next to the 7th Avenue MAX stop.
Some of the products available this fall and winter include apples, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, chanterelles, chestnuts, coffee, collard greens, cookies, crepes, eggs, garlic, greens, hazelnuts, herbs, honey, hummus, jam, kale, lamb, mushrooms, onions, pears, popcorn, potatoes, prunes, salamis, sauerkraut, soup, snack plates, spinach, tamales, turnips, winter squash. Is your mouth watering yet? See below for a full list of vendors at the market.
I have to mention another great feature of the market: we accept SNAP/EBT (formally known as food stamps) benefits. Just drop by the information booth (at the southeast side of the gazebo) to use your Oregon Trail card to purchase vegetables, fruit, poultry, seafood, meat, breads – anything at the market except for hot food and drink. These tokens never expire and can be used at the Hollywood Farmers Market as well.
Whether you’re looking for a tasty healthy lunch, some midweek grocery shopping, or just a quick snack, the Lloyd Farmers Market has got you covered. To get more information on the market, or to sign up for our weekly email updates, go to www.lloydfarmersmarket.com or find us on Facebook.
At the market this November:
- Brandwein Meadows Lamb – local grass-fed lamb
- Greenville Farms – fresh no-spray produce, hazelnuts and prunes
- Intent Coffee Roasting – locally roasted coffee beans, hot and iced coffee (ask about how they support coffee farmers)
- Kiyokawa Family Orchards – dozens of varieties of apples and pears
- Masala Pop (2nd Tuesday of each month) – Indian spiced popcorn
- Mixteca – traditional Oaxacan tamales and mole
- Naked Acres Farm – Certified Naturally Grown heirloom vegetables, goat’s milk soap and stewing chickens
- Nature’s Wild Harvest – fresh and dried mushrooms, huckleberries and other foraged goodies
- Savory et Sweet – crepes, soups, drinks and the Menagerie Snack Plate
- Seed & Thistle Apothecary (4th Tuesday of each month) – herbal medicine made from locally-grown plants
- The Hummus Stop – hummus, baba gnanoush, pita and other Mediterranean snacks
See you at the market!
The Lloyd Farmers Market is located in the Oregon Square Courtyard on Northeast Holladay Street between 7th and 9th avenues, right next to the 7th Avenue MAX stop. It is open every Tuesday, year round. Market hours are 10 a.m.-2 p.m. For more information, visit lloydfarmersmarket.com.