By Kathy Eaton
with photos by Judy Nelson
See our Facebook album with more of Judy Nelson’s Piedmont and Arbor Lodge photos here.
The 160-acre tract of land initially granted to Henry Walsh in 1866, was subsequently acquired by Edward Quackenbush, president of The Investment Company. In 1889, Quackenbush officially platted Piedmont, promoting it as “The Emerald, Portland’s Evergreen Suburb.” Developers … More